Modules included in this programme:
- Safe Work System for Arboriculture
- Arboricultural Practices
- Tree Risk Management and Audit
- Introduction to Urban Forestry
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
(a) Determine and suggest appropriate arboricultural practices with the consideration of local situation and urban forestry concept; and
(b) Audit tree risk assessment
- Lectures will be held on weekday evenings (normally two classes per week) at Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Sha Tin)
- Workshop, Field trips and practical tests will be arranged at some of the weekends
- The confirmed commencement date is subjected to the final announcement of HKIVE (Sha Tin)
- The course timetable will be provided in the confirmation e-mail
- Lectures: 6:45pm-9:45pm (Weekdays)
- Workshop and Field trips: 1:00pm-5:00pm / 2:00pm-5:00pm / 9:00am – 6:00pm (Saturdays)
Venue: Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Sha Tin)
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages; or equivalent AND at least 2 years’ relevant tree work experience; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English* and Chinese Languages, or equivalent AND at least 2 years’ relevant tree work experience; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board AND at least 2 years' relevant tree work experience; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or at least 4 years' relevant tree work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
Note: *Applicants who took HKCEE English Language in 2006 or before should have attained Grade E or above (Syllabus B) / Grade C or above (Syllabus A).
This programme is enlisted as a recognized programme by Urban Forestry Support Fund – Study Sponsorship Scheme. Please go to the following website for the eligibility to apply for the Study Sponsorship. https://www.greening.gov.hk/ufsf/filemanager/Content/Applicants/Notes_to_Applicants_c.pdf
Meet 70% or above attendance of individual module AND pass the assessments of each module can obtain the Completion Certificate issued by the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE). The certificate will be ready for collection two to four months after the completion of the course which is subject to the endorsement of the exam result by the Board of Examiners and the Academic Committee.
- Create an account or login via https://cpe.vtc.edu.hk/admission/login.php
- Click on the “Apply Online” icon of the programme page to enrol
- Submit a recent Identity Photo, academic qualifications and relevant working experience proof/records
- Upon completion of verification, payment notice of Tuition Fee will be issued to the applicant respectively
- The confirmation and payment notice will be issued after the application deadline
Send crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council” or “職業訓練局” together with the completed application form, academic qualification, relevant working experience proof and a recent Identity Photo to Department of Health and Life Sciences, Room 216, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Sha Tin), 21 Yuen Wo Rd, Sha Tin, New Territories. (Application: Professional Diploma in Arboriculture and Urban Forestry)
Verification of academic qualification and relevant working experience proof will be arranged prior to the acceptance of application. The confirmation notice will be issued after the application deadline.
Application Deadline : 8 December 2023
Programme Enquiry: Mr Terry FUNG, Tel: 2256 7113, Email: email@example.com