This programme aims to nurture smart city talents and provide learners with specific training on innovation and technology so as to support the smart city development.
(EEE4034X) Introduction to Smart City
- Smart City Concept
- Smart City Development
- Smart City Development Strategy of Hong Kong
(EEE4035X) Design Thinking for Adopting New Technology
- Design Thinking Principles
- User Experience Research
- Ideation and Prototyping
(EEE4036X) Smart City Applications
- Intelligent Transport System (ITS) and Traffic Management
- Electronic Services and Healthcare
- Green and Intelligent Buildings, and Energy Efficiency
- Nurturing an ICT-Literate Generation
- Enhancing public services with Open Data and Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI)
- Proactive Strengthening in Economic
(EEE4037X) Big Data Technology
- Introduction to Big Data
- Big Data Strategy and Analytics
- Data Visualization & Interpretation
- Security Compliance and Privacy Issues
(EEE4038X) Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Introduction to Internet of Things
- Internet Connectivity and Internet of Things Networking
- Implementation of Internet of Things
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Impacts of Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network
- Case Studies on Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence Application
On successful completion of 3 “Smart City” modules [EEE4034X + EEE4035X + EEE4036X] and satisfying the assessment requirements, students will be awarded a “Professional Certificate in Smart City” (EG424413P).
On successful completion of 2 “Smart Technology” modules [EEE4037X + EEE4038X] and satisfying the assessment requirements, students will be awarded a “Professional Certificate in Smart Technology” (EG424414P).
Students' performance in each module is assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA).
Medium of Instruction (MoI):
The medium of instruction is Chinese, supplemented by English terminologies. All teaching materials including lecture notes and assessments are in English.
- 1 to 2 nights per week, 18:30 – 21:30 or 19:00 – 22:00.
- Duration: 144 hrs. The normal duration for completion of the programme is around 8 – 10 months.
年滿二十一歲或以上及具兩年相關工作經驗。如有需要，申請人須通過面試及 / 或能力傾向測試
香港中學會考五科成績達E級 / 第二級或以上，包括英國語文及中國語文或同等學歴，及具兩年工作經驗; 或
This programme is under Vplus Engineering
Note : The exact programme commencement date is subject to change according to final enrolment number