Professional Diploma in Business Management is recognised under the Qualifications Framework.
QF Level: 4
QR Registration Number: 14/002697/L4
Validity Period: From 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2022
This programme offers a flexible part-time learning route to students who are working in, or intending to enter into financial, marketing and other business services industries. The programme enables the students to acquire both theoretical and practical knowledge in the business management topics in order to enhance their professional and academic knowledge, advance to bachelor degree programmes and achieve life-long learning.
- Provide students an understanding of integrative knowledge and skills in business management for various business contexts;
- Build up students’ capacity of resolving business-related problems in various organisations effectively; and;
- Prepare students for further education and professional development in the business sector.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Analyse business issues and suggest feasible solutions with the application of fundamental theories, concepts and practices in the core areas of business management, economics, accounting and marketing;
- Analyse management functions, principles and processes that contribute to the achievement of organisational goals;
- Define, analyse and solve structured and unstructured problems for business development of organisations in a variety of business contexts; and
- Work and collaborate with business professionals and different stakeholders in making business decisions.
- Education for All: mature candidates, aged 23 or above with at least 2 years' relevant full-time working experience are welcome to apply
- Provides Pathway to Honours Bachelor Degree: graduates are eligible to enter the final year of the BA (Hons) Business Administration* co-offered by Coventry University and PEAK
Flexible Modular Structure:
- Satisfactory completion of the programme requires the completion of all modules within 4 years.
- 8 modules of 10 lectures each. 3 hours per session, total 30 hours at weekday evening or weekend afternoon.
The programme consists of 8 modules including 6 core modules and 2 elective modules
623B2 Management Theory and Practice# (1)
625B2 General Statistics and Data Analysis
626B2 Business Organisation# (1)
627B2 Financial Accounting & Management Accounting#
629B2 Marketing Strategy#
621B2 Business Communication
622B2 Hong Kong Business Law#
663B2 Financial Management
664B2 Strategic Management#
PBA40003 Human Resources Management
PBA40004 Management Information Systems
630B2 Buying Behaviour
693B2 Marketing Management
Banking and Finance
435F2 Financial Instruments and Markets#
PBA40001 SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance (2)
PBA40002 SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling (3)
# This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund. The mother course (Professional Diploma in Business Management) of this module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 4).
(1) Students must complete both 623B2 and 626B2 to fulfill the CEF reimbursement requirement for CEF course “33Z110540”
(2) Students can apply for Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance Module)^ intermediate exit award upon successful completion of the PBA40001 SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance module in Professional Diploma in Business Management programme.
(3) Students can apply for Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling Module)^intermediate exit award upon successful completionof the PBA40002 SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling module in Professional Diploma in Business Management programme.
^ Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance Module) is recognized under the Qualifications Framework
QF Level: 4
QR Registration Number: 18/000112/L4
Validity Period: From 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2022
Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling Module) is recognized under the Qualifications Framework
QF Level: 4
QR Registration Number: 18/000113/L4
Validity Period: From 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2022
Medium of Instruction
English supplemented with Cantonese
香港中學會考五科成績達E級 / 第二級或以上，包括英國語文及中國語文，及具三年或以上相關全職工作經驗
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 including English Language and Chinese Language, plus 2 years’ relevant full-time work experience; OR
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 including English Language# and Chinese Language, plus 3 years’ relevant full-time work experience; OR
- Equivalent; OR
- Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 23 or above with 2 or more years of relevant full-time work experience, may also be admitted subject to a satisfactory admission interview.
#HKCEE English Language taken in 2006 or before should be at Grade E or above (Syllabus B) / Grade C or above (Syllabus A)
Continuing Education Fund
Some individual modules of this programme have been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) purposes (https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef). Eligible applicants can apply for fee reimbursement upon successful completion of each CEF reimbursable course, i.e. met the minimum attendance requirement of 70% AND attained an overall mark of 50% or above.
Please use the specified enrollment form and follow the “Notes to Applicants” in the form to apply for programmes.
Applicants should show the Hong Kong Identity (HKID) Card / Passport / Travel Document / or valid study visa issued by the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for enrollment.
Individual programmes may have specific admission requirements. Applicants should refer to the admission requirements of the individual programmes.
All places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Incomplete forms and forms received without payment will not be processed.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for application is 7 working days## prior to the class commencement date (The enrollment deadline might be subject to change depending on the enrollment status).
Notification of Class Commencement
Successful applicants will be notified of the class information by the contact method specified on the enrollment form at least 3 working days## before class commencement. PEAK will not be responsible for the loss of class notification sent by mail. Please contact us at 2836 1906 if you do not receive the notification before the class commencement.
Programme Fees / Receipt
For a programme commencing within 7 working days## at the time of enrollment, students are required to settle the programme fee by cash.
Programme fees paid are non-refundable, except for cases of unsuccessful applications and programme cancellation or rescheduling. Fees paid and places enrolled are also not transferable, and request for programme swapping will not be entertained.
Students will collect and sign to acknowledge collection of the receipts at the first lesson. Fees paid after the enrollment deadline may result in delay in receipt issuing. For those who have not collected the receipts during the first lesson, our staff will contact them for the receipt collection arrangement. If students choose to collect the receipt by mail, PEAK will not be responsible for any loss in mailing. Students will be required to pay an administrative charge of HK$100 for their requests for each additional receipt copy. Please send crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council” with a written application to “The Programme Team” of the Institute. For enquiry, please contact us at 2836 1862.
## Working days (exclusive of Saturdays and Sundays)
Enrollment Form for Programme Application
Please download here
Ms. Catherine Lau (Programme Director)
Tel: 2836 1833
Ms. Anne Ip (Programme Secretary)
Tel: 2836 1839
Fax: 2891 5707