Professional Diploma in Business Management is recognized under the QF
QF Level: 4
QR Registration Number: 14/002697/L4
Validity Period: From 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2022
This programme offers a flexible part-time learning route to students who are working in, or intending to enter into financial, marketing and other business services industries. The programme enables the students to acquire both theoretical and practical knowledge in the business management topics in order to:
- enhance their professional and academic knowledge;
- advance to bachelor degree programmes; and
- achieve life-long learning.
On completion of the programme, students will be able to:
(a) Analyse business issues and suggest feasible solutions with the application of fundamental theories, concepts and practices in the core areas of business management, economics, accounting and marketing;
(b) Analyse management functions, principles and processes that contribute to the achievement of organisational goals;
(c) Define, analyse and solve structured and unstructured problems for business development of organisations in a variety of business contexts; and;
(d) Work and collaborate with business professionals and different stakeholders in making business decisions.
- Education for All: mature candidates, aged 23 or above with at least 2 years' relevant full-time working experience are welcome to apply
- Provides Pathway to Honours Bachelor Degree: graduates are eligible to enter the final year of the BA(Hons) Business Administration* co-offered by Coventry University and PEAK
- Part-time Evening Delivery: modules delivered after office hours
- Flexible Modular Structure: 8 modules of 30 lecture hours each. Students are free to choose the modules taken each intake
- Modules Exemption: candidates with relevant academic background or professional qualification are eligible to apply for a maximum of 4 modules exemption
- Comprehensive Delivery: all classes are taught by well-experienced practicing professionals
Mode of Study:
(1) 30 lecture hours
(2) Examination 3 hours
10 sessions for each module, 3 hours per session, total 30 hours at weekday evening or weekend afternoon.
(1) Two assignments (20% each) 40 % of total grade
(2) A 3-hour final examination 60 % of total grade
- To be eligible to sit for the final examination, students are required to attend at least 70% of the lectures
- The overall passing mark (assignments + final examination) of each module is 40%. Students are required to get at least 40% on both assignments and final examination in order to pass a module.
- Satisfactory completion of the programme requires the completion of all modules within 4 years
-Graduates of this programme will be eligible to enter the final year of the BA (Hons) Business Administration* co-offered by the Coventry University and SHAPE. The study location is PEAK.
Coventry University, UK (http://www.coventry.ac.uk) – Coventry University is a forward-looking University with a tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus on multidisciplinary research. In the recent teaching quality assessments conducted by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of the UK, the teaching in the Coventry University was rated in the ‘excellent’ range for a wide range of their provision.
* All candidates must have 3 years of relevant full-time work experience or above and fulfill the following English language requirement:
- Holders of a VTC Higher Diploma or Professional Diploma taught and assessed in English; or
- Applicants who did not graduate from any of the approved VTC feeder programmes should have successfully completed a Higher Diploma, Associate Degree or Professional Diploma taught and assessed in English from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or equivalent, or alternatively they should have attained a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
* Registration No. (Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance): 251732
* It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this programme may lead.
The programme consists of 8 modules including 6 common modules and 2 elective modules
623B2 Management Theory and Practice# (1)
625B2 General Statistics and Data Analysis
626B2 Business Organisation# (1)
627B2 Financial Accounting & Management Accounting#
629B2 Marketing Strategy#
621B2 Business Communication
622B2 Hong Kong Business Law#
663B2 Financial Management
664B2 Strategic Management#
PBA40003 Human Resources Management
PBA40004 Management Information Systems
630B2 Buying Behaviour
693B2 Marketing Management
Banking and Finance
435F2 Financial Instruments and Markets#
PBA40001 SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance (2)
PBA40002 SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling (3)
# This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund. The mother course (Professional Diploma in Business Management) of this module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 4).
(1) Students must complete both 623B2 and 626B2 to fulfill the CEF reimbursement requirement for CEF course “33Z110540”
(2) Students can apply for Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance
Module)^ intermediate exit award upon successful completion of the PBA40001 SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance module in Professional Diploma in Business Management^ programme.
(3) Students can apply for Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling Module)^intermediate exit award upon successful completion of the PBA40002 SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling
module in Professional Diploma in Business Management^ programme.
^ Professional Diploma in Business Management is recognized under the Qualifications Framework
QF Level: 4
QR Registration No.: 14/002697/L4
Validity Period: from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2022
Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Banking and Finance Compliance Module) is recognized under the Qualifications Framework
QF Level: 4
QR Registration Number: 18/000112/L4
Validity Period: From 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2022
Certificate in Business Management (SCS-based Training for Product and Service Selling Module) is recognized under the Qualifications Framework
QF Level: 4
QR Registration Number: 18/000113/L4
Validity Period: From 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2022
#Some individual modules of this programme have been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) purposes (https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef). Eligible applicants can apply for fee reimbursement upon successful completion of each CEF reimbursable course, i.e. met the minimum attendance requirement of 70% AND attained an overall mark of 50% or above.
Medium of Instruction
All Classes are conducted in English.
香港中學會考五科成績達E級 / 第二級或以上，包括英國語文及中國語文，及具三年或以上相關全職工作經驗
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English Language and Chinese Language with 2 or more years’ relevant full-time working experience; OR
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English Language# and Chinese Language with 3 or more years’ relevant full-time working experience; OR
â» Mature applicants i.e., those aged 23 or above, with 2 or more years of relevant full-time working experience, may also be accepted subject to a satisfactory admission interview.
è«ä½¿ç¨æå®çå ±åè¡¨æ ¼ä¸¦æç §è¡¨æ ¼å §ç“å ±åé ç¥”å ±è®èª²ç¨ã
ç³è«äººæ¼å ±åæå¿ é åºç¤ºç±é¦æ¸¯ç¹å¥è¡æ¿åï¼é¦æ¸¯ç¹åï¼å ¥å¢äºåèæç°½ç¼çé¦æ¸¯èº«ä»½è / è·ç § / æ è¡èä»¶ãæææçä¾æ¸¯å°±è®ç°½èã
ååèª²ç¨ä¹å ¥å¸æ¢ä»¶æå¥ï¼ç³è«äººå¨å ±è®æå¿ é ä¾å¾åå¥èª²ç¨ä¹å ¥å¸æ¢ä»¶ä½åºç³è«ã
ææèª²ç¨åé¡åä»¥å å°å å¾æ¹æ³åé ï¼ä»»ä½æªå¡«å¦¥ä¹è¡¨æ ¼ï¼æå¸çæªæéä¸å¸è²»çå ±åè¡¨ï¼æ¬é¢å°ä¸æèçã
æªæ¢å ±åæ¥æçºæ¯çéèª²åä¸åå·¥ä½å¤©##ï¼æªæ¢å ±åæ¥æææå ææ¶çæ æ³èæææ´æ¹ï¼ã
æåç³è«äººå°æ¼éèª²åè³å°ä¸åå·¥ä½å¤©##æ¥ç²æ¬é¢ä»¥é£ä¸æå®çè¯çµ¡æ¹æ³éç¥éèª²è©³æ ãæ¬é¢å°å éµéå¤±èª¤èå¯å¤±çéèª²éç¥æ¸ï¼æ¦ä¸è² è²¬ãå¦å¨éèª²åå°æªæ¥ç²éç¥ï¼ç³è«äººå¯è´é»æ¬é¢æ¥è©¢ï¼é»è©±ï¼2836 1906ï¼ã
å¦å¸çæå ±è®çèª²ç¨å°å¨å ±åç¶æ¥èµ·è¨7åå·¥ä½å¤©##å §éèª²ï¼å¸çå¿ é ä»¥ç¾éç¹³äº¤å¸è²»ã
é¤å¸çä¹ç³è«ä¸ç²æ¥ç´ææé¸èª²ç¨åæ¶ / æ¹æå¤ï¼ææå·²ç¹³å¸è²»æä¸ééãå¸è²»åå¸é¡äº¦ä¸å¯ä½ä»»ä½æ´æ¹ï¼å æ¬ä¸å¯è½çï¼æè½è®ä»äººã
å¸çéæ¼ç¬¬ä¸å ç°½æ¶æ¶æï¼è¥å¸çæ¼å ±åæªæ¢æ¥å¾ç¹³è²»ï¼æ¶æææç¨é²ç¼åºãæ¬é¢æéç¥æªç°½æ¶æ¶æä¹å¸çé åæ¶æçå®ææå°æ¶æéµå¯äºå¸çãå¦å¸çè¦æ±ä»¥éµå¯æ¹å¼æ¶åæ¶æï¼æ¬é¢å°éµéå¤±èª¤æ¦ä¸è² è²¬ãå¸çå¦è¦æ±æ¬é¢ç¼åºæ¶æå¯æ¬èæï¼éä»¥æ¸é¢éç¥æ¬é¢èª²ç¨çµï¼ä¸¦éç¹³ä»æ¸¯å¹£100å æçºè²»ãæ¶æéç¼ç³è«é ä»¥æ¯ç¥¨ä»æ¬¾ï¼æ¬é çºãè·æ¥è¨ç·´å±ããæ¥è©¢è«è´é»2836 1862ã
## å·¥ä½å¤©ï¼ä¸å æ¬ææå åæææ¥ï¼
èª²ç¨å ±åè¡¨æ ¼
ç 2836 1205/ é¾å
ç 3989 7023
å³ç: 2891 5707