This programme aims to provide comprehensive training for those who are interested in the development of the electrical and mechanical industry. The programme covers fundamental mechanical engineering knowledge and provides necessary electrical knowledge and hands-on skills training so as to enable the learners to meet the academic requirement for the registration as Registered Electrical Workers (REW).
EEE2001X – Circuit Theory (39 hrs)
EEE2003X – Electrical Installation Practice A (39 hrs)
EEE2004X – Electrical Installation Practice B (39 hrs)
EEE2005X – Electrical Machines (39 hrs)
EEE2010X – Mechanical Principle Fundamentals (39 hrs)
EEE3001X – Electrical Installation A (39 hrs)
EEE3002X – Electrical Installation B (39 hrs)
EEE3005X – Electrical Power System (39 hrs)
EEE3007X – Engineering Mathematics (39 hrs)
EEE3014X – Computer Aided Drafting (39 hrs)
EEE3015X – Engineering Science (39 hrs)
EEE3016X – Pneumatic and Hydraulic Applications (39 hrs)
EEE3017X – Engineering Material (39 hrs)
EEE3018X – Pump, Compressor and Rotating Machine (39 hrs)
Learners' performance in each module will be assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA).
Medium of Instruction (MoI)
The medium of instruction is Chinese and supplemented with English terminologies. All teaching materials and written assessments are in Chinese.
- 2 to 3 nights per week, 18:45 - 21:45
- Practical lessons may be arranged on Saturday (13:00 - 17:00 or 18:00 - 22:00), detail arrangement will be announced during class.
- In special circumstances, some lessons may be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: 546 hrs. The normal duration for completion of the programme is around 2 years.
- Some lessons may be conducted at VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, VTC Hakwing Wong Complex or other VTC Complex(es).
- The programme is recognized by Electrical and Mechanical Services Departmen (EMSD) as one of the qualifications fulfilling the academic requirements of registration as a Grade A Electrical Worker. Graduates with required working experience may apply for a Grade A REW certificate. For detailed requirements of Grade A REW, please refer to the EMSD website.
Completion of S6 under the new academic structure / S5 under the old academic structure, or equivalent, with 1-year working experience; or
Completion of S3 with 1-year working experience, and to complete the Certificate for Junior Mechanics (Programme Code: EG422701Q) before starting of the programme; or
21 years old or above with 2 years relevant working experience, may be admitted subject to passing an interview and / or aptitude test, if necessary.
Financial Assistance Scheme
CEF Course Code
Vplus Subsidy Scheme
This course is an eligible programme under “Vplus Subsidy Scheme – Vplus Engineering”. Under this scheme, successful applicants will be refunded 60% of the paid tuition fees of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of $45,000 per person.
For details and application, please visit https://vplus.vtc.edu.hk/eng.
Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund.
CEF Course Name
Diploma in Infrastructure Engineering (Electrical & Mechanical)
CEF Effective Date
Valid CEF Until