This programme aims to provide comprehensive training for those who are interested in the development of the electrical and mechanical industry. The programme covers fundamental mechanical engineering knowledge and provides necessary electrical knowledge and hands-on skills training so as to enable the learners to meet the academic requirement for the registration as Registered Electrical Workers (REW).
EEE2001X – Circuit Theory (39 hrs)
EEE2003X – Electrical Installation Practice A (39 hrs)
EEE2004X – Electrical Installation Practice B (39 hrs)
EEE2005X – Electrical Machines (39 hrs)
EEE2010X – Mechanical Principle Fundamentals (39 hrs)
EEE3001X – Electrical Installation A (39 hrs)
EEE3002X – Electrical Installation B (39 hrs)
EEE3005X – Electrical Power System (39 hrs)
EEE3007X – Engineering Mathematics (39 hrs)
EEE3014X – Computer Aided Drafting (39 hrs)
EEE3015X – Engineering Science (39 hrs)
EEE3016X – Pneumatic and Hydraulic Applications (39 hrs)
EEE3017X – Engineering Material (39 hrs)
EEE3018X – Pump, Compressor and Rotating Machine (39 hrs)
Learners' performance in each module will be assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA).
Medium of Instruction (MoI)
The medium of instruction is Chinese and supplemented with English terminologies. All teaching materials and written assessments are in Chinese.
- 2 to 3 nights per week, 18:45 - 21:45
- Practical lessons may be arranged on Saturday (13:00 - 17:00 or 18:00 - 22:00), detail arrangement will be announced during class.
- In special circumstances, some lessons may be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: 546 hrs. The normal duration for completion of the programme is around 2 years.
- Some lessons may be conducted at VTC Kowloon Bay Complex or VTC Kwai Chung Complex.
- The programme is accredited by EMSD as one of the qualifications for fulfilling the academic requirements of registration as Grade A Electrical Worker.
Completion of S6 under the new academic structure / S5 under the old academic structure, or equivalent, with 1-year working experience; or
Completion of S3 with 1-year working experience, and to complete the Certificate for Junior Mechanics (Programme Code: EG422701Q) before starting of the programme; or
21 years old or above with 2 years relevant working experience, may be admitted subject to passing an interview and / or aptitude test, if necessary.
Financial Assistance Scheme
Vplus Subsidy Scheme (TBC)
With Vplus Engineering under the Vplus Subsidy Scheme, eligible students may apply up to 60% reimbursement
of their tuition fee, totalling a maximum amount of $45,000. For details, please visit: https://bit.ly/311sWgA