Get start with SAP2000 and be able to build up 3D structural models for structural analysis and design. Master the process through hands-on computer workshop facilitated by professional engineer and learn how to verify and interpret the outputs correctly.
Indicative Course Contents
Overview of the computer software
● Object Based Graphical Interface. Coordinate systems.
● Material properties. Types elements. Joint constraints. Supports conditions. Loading and displacement. Types of analysis.
● Display and output.
● Capability and limitations of the software.
Analysis and design of simple 3-D bridge structures
● Idealization and modeling of structure for structural analysis. Loading, dead load, moving load and lateral wind load. Perform static analysis and time history analysis. Interpretation of outputs: deflection, internal force distributions, mode of vibration and frequency. Member selection and optimization.
Teaching and Learning Approaches
● Small class size
● Hands-on computer workshop
● A series of simulated practical structural problems are designed for you to develop the skills in using the software in actual structural analysis and design
Complete the Application Form together with a crossed cheque payable to "Vocational Training Council" for the Course Fee and submit to:
Engineering Discipline In-service Training
HK Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
B322, 20, Tsing Yi Rd, Tsing Yi Island, N.T.
Tel: 2435 9423 (Mon-Fri: 0900-1700)
Fax: 2432 2253