Life and Medical Insurance Management
Intended Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- tackle the life and health risks of individual and group clients;
- analyse the scope and the process of constructing life and medical contracts in order to establish underwriting policies for individuals and groups in consideration of the local health care system; and
- review performance of underwriting process and claims of life and medical insurance contracts in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
1. Legal aspects affecting life and medical insurance including regulation, voluntary Health Insurance Scheme
2. Life and medical insurance policy coverage, extensions, exclusions, etc.
3. Underwriting guidelines of various benefits
4. Scope and organization of reinsurance
5. Scope and organization of claims
6. Handling of various complex claims
7. Scope, organization and practices of policy owner service, including marketing, life company operation, etc.
LIFE AND MEDICAL INSURANCE MANAGEMENT (MODULE FROM POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN INSURANCE IN RISK MANAGEMENT)
Tel: 2836 1863
Ms. Carrie Kwan (Programme Officer)
Tel: 2836 1852
Mr. Travis So (Programme Secretary)
Tel: 2836 1205
Fax: 2891 5707