BSc (Hons) Construction Management#
Locally accredited by HKCAAVQ at QF Level 5 equivalent to the standing of local University degrees
This programme is recognised under the Qualifications Framework.
QF Level: 5
QR Registration Number: 19/001294/L5
Validity Period: 1/1/2020 – 31/12/2023
Registration No. [Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance]: 252032
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
BSc (Hons) Construction Management is a top-up degree programme offered by Coventry University and operated by SHAPE. This carries the same academic status and rights as that offered to Coventry University’s on-campus graduates.
Coventry University – A Record of Excellence
- Coventry University is an evolving and innovative university with a growing reputation for excellence in education. It has been established for over 170 years.
- Coventry University is ranked overall 15th by The Guardian University Guide 2020.
- Coventry University has been named 'University of the Year for Student Experience' in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015, and 'Modern University of the Year' in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- In the quality assessments conducted by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), it has consistently received judgments of confidence in the management of the standard of its awards and in the quality of the learning opportunities available to students
Internationally Recognised Degree:
- The degree is awarded by Coventry University in United Kingdom, and is monitored by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
- Student will be conferred the same award as on-campus students
- The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- The programme is accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers (HKICM).
- The programme is accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Project Management (HKIPM). Graduates are eligible to apply for Associate Membership of HKIPM.
Fast Track – Final Year Honours Degree
- The programme provides a direct entry to obtain a bachelor degree.
- Duration : 14 - 16 months on a part-time basis.
Academically Sound and Highly Practical
Lectures are taught by Coventry University lecturers and local field experts. Their varied exposures in their industries will provide you with up-to-date international and local real-life cases which allow you to gain rich practical insights.
Emphasis is put on both academic skills and work-related skills.
Comprehensive Student Support
- Comprehensive induction session and English workshops.
- Students will be provided with access to all IVE/HKDI libraries and e-library which provide a comprehensive collection of up-to-date business books and online learning resources; allowing you to take part in a learning anytime,anywhere.
Flexible Self-Study Hours
This programme adopts a sequential modular structure where you normally attend one to two lectures a week. This allows you as a working students, to arrange your self-study more flexibly; and hence, retain your career advancement and earning power even during the study.
CEF Course Code
Academic Writing 3: Writing Skills for Dissertation and Research Project *#
Project and Cost Management*#
Construction Resource and Quality Management
Contract Management *^
Sustainability and Innovation in Construction *^
Research Practice and Communication
Group Project 3
Graduates of the following VTC Higher Diploma programmes:
HD in Building Studies
HD in Civil Engineering
HD in Surveying PLUS a pass in the bridging module Land Surveying for Construction Management^
Graduates, with at least three years of relevant work experiences, of the following VTC Professional Diploma programmes awarded with either merit or distinction:
PD in Construction Management
PD in Construction Site Supervision PLUS a pass in the bridging modules Construction Law for Construction Management^ and Land Surveying for Construction Management^
A qualification equivalent to the above*; And
All Candidates must be able to demonstrate competence equivalent to a HKCEE Grade E or HKDSE Level 2 in Mathematics. Applicants from the approved VTC feeder programmes are considered to have met this requirement.
English Proficiency Requirements
Holders of VTC Higher Diploma or Professional Diploma (at merit or distinction) taught an
English Proficiency Requirements
- Holders of VTC Higher Diploma or Professional Diploma (at merit or distinction) taught and assessed in English; or
- Applicants who are not from the approved VTC feeder programmes should have successfully completed a HD, PD (at merit or distinction) or Associate Degree taught and assessed in English from a recognized institution in Hong Kong or equivalent, or alternatively they should have attained a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
Total Programme Fee: HK$67,200 which includes
Tuition Fee: HK$63,700
Registration Fee: HK$3,500
(The above programme fee does not include application fee of HK$200)
The School reserves the right to make variations to the contents of the website and to modify, withdraw or replace the programmes listed herein.
(English Version only)
Application forms can be downloaded here
or obtained from the SHAPE offices.
The completed application forms together with (i) full sets of photocopies of certified
credentials including transcripts and certificates of awards and (ii) receipt of
application fee paid should be returned by mail or in person with a photo to the
respective SHAPE offices or a drop box located at IVE and HKDI campuses before the
Mr. Charles Lee / Mr. Kento Tsang
Tel: 2836-1891 / 2919 1429
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com