The course aims to enhance learners' knowledge on Mathematics so as to be more effective in further study. Besides, this course is a bridging module for the applicants of "BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering" offered by University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Manipulation, addition, subtraction and multiplication, determinant, inverse and applications to solve system of equations
Ordinary Differential Equations
- First order: homogenous linear equation, e.g. Newton's law of cooling
- Second order: homogenous linear equation, general solution e.g. Mass spring free vibration system, with and without damping
- Introduction of Laplace transform and Inverse transform
- Transform using practical fractions,
- Use of Laplace transform to solve ODE
- 2-3 lessons per week (Mon-Fri: 19:00-22:00; Sat/Sun: afternoon or evening)
- Refer to the attached timetable
- Consist of Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA). The assessments are conducted in English.
- The attendance requirement is 70%.