This course aims to augment the studentsâ techniques and technology in jewellery design using integrated handcrafts and fabrication methods. Students will work with various tools and equipment in experimenting with different kinds of materials while knowledge of gemstones and diamonds will be introduced. They will apply these knowledge and skills in constructing models and testing samples.
In addition to materials and production methods, this course prepares students with an in-depth approach to jewellery design. They will learn about design trends and styles, aesthetic values and their influences, branding and marketing, and consumers and markets with the objective of building their own unique brand.
M4: PID4048Y – Jewellery Techniques and Design (36hrs)
M5: PID4049Y – Changes and Trends in Jewellery Design (24hrs)
M6: PID4050Y – Gemmology: Properties and Identification (12hrs)
M7: PID4051Y – Jewellery Business: Branding and Marketing (18hrs)
Please visit PEEC website for details https://hkdi.edu.hk/en/peec/peec_programme.php?peec_programme=professional-diploma-in-jewellery-design
This course is listed as reimbursable under Continuing Education Fund (CEF). Applicants are eligible to reimburse course fee for courses that commence within the CEF registration period (26 October 2022 – 31 August 2026).
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level ).
- Press the “Apply Online” button at the right-top corner of this page
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Upload the supporting documents required (e.g. for academic qualifications and work experiences)
- Settle the tuition fee (by bill payment via online banking or ATM; or by a crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council”)
- Submit the cheque or proof of the bill payment.
- Bill Payment proof: ATM receipt or online payment confirmation (PDF or screencap; should include the bank name, payment status, transaction date, paid amount, and bill account code); can be submitted by email.
- Cheque: write down your full name and the programme title on the back
Notes for Applicants:
- It is necessary for applicants to supply their personal data and to provide all the information required in the application documents, as otherwise, the Institute may be unable to process and consider their applications.
- To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to an HKDI programme/workshop does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes.
- Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Early Bird Discount will be counted on the postmark date (for cheque) or the transaction date (for bill payment).
- Commencement of classes depends on enrollment or other unexpected circumstances. The Institute reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, programme content, mode of teaching, and other advertised programme information. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel a course if there is insufficient number of enrollments.
- The information provided in the form will be used by VTC for admission, academic and programme administration, research, statistical, and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes.
- Assignments and works of students (in any formats, e.g. photos, videos, printouts, etc; including activities in and outside the classroom) may be used for teaching and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes.
電話: 3928 2777 電郵: firstname.lastname@example.org