(此部份暫只提供英文版本或部分中文譯本 | 此部份暂只提供英文版本或部分中文译本)
The Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design opens up pathways for learners interested in establishing contemporary jewellery brands or advancing their career in the jewellery world, through extensive and practical training in design, craftsmanship, branding and business.
If you have a passion in jewellery, its creation and the trade, this programme is for you – not only would you become well-rounded with the necessary qualities in embarking on a career in jewellery business, you would be able to create your own jewellery collection as part of your portfolio in jewellery design.
The programme is organised around ten modules guiding learner to acquire comprehensive knowledge and skills in jewellery design:
- Culture and Design Methods: develop research and analytical skills on culture and history as inspirations of jewellery design; familiarise with Rhino for 3D modelling and visual presentation; apply concept development process on jewellery design through workshop training to understand the production workflow and practise techniques such as piercing, soldering, assembling and riveting
- Techniques, Trends and Branding: acquire traditional and contemporary jewellery making techniques, with strong emphasis on workshop demonstration and practice to have a firmer grasp of jewellery making and metal fabrication skills; evaluate, generate and apply contemporary jewellery design concepts and trends; understand basic gemmology knowledge, as well as branding and marketing in jewellery market
- Profession and Business: understand contemporary jewellery design and practice including crossover influence with fashion, luxury and lifestyle products, with a view to coming up with a business plan; learn to design jewellery for specific clientele, concluding in a portfolio of competencies and skills attained throughout the programme
Government Subsidy Available:
This course is listed as reimbursable under Continuing Education Fund (CEF). Applicants are eligible to reimburse course fee for courses that commence within the CEF registration period (26 October 2022 – 31 August 2026).
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level ).
- Press the “Apply Online” button at the right-top corner of this page
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Upload the supporting documents required (e.g. for academic qualifications and work experiences)
- Settle the tuition fee (by bill payment via online banking or ATM; or by a crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council”)
- Submit the cheque or proof of the bill payment.
- Bill Payment proof: ATM receipt or online payment confirmation (PDF or screencap; should include the bank name, payment status, transaction date, paid amount, and bill account code); can be submitted by email.
- Cheque: write down your full name and the programme title on the back
Notes for Applicants:
- It is necessary for applicants to supply their personal data and to provide all the information required in the application documents, as otherwise, the Institute may be unable to process and consider their applications.
- To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to an HKDI programme/workshop does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes.
- Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Early Bird Discount will be counted on the postmark date (for cheque) or the transaction date (for bill payment).
- Commencement of classes depends on enrollment or other unexpected circumstances. The Institute reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, programme content, mode of teaching, and other advertised programme information. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel a course if there is insufficient number of enrollments.
- The information provided in the form will be used by VTC for admission, academic and programme administration, research, statistical, and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes.
- Assignments and works of students (in any formats, e.g. photos, videos, printouts, etc; including activities in and outside the classroom) may be used for teaching and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes.
電話: 3928 2777 電郵: firstname.lastname@example.org