Professional Diploma in Quantity Surveying
The Professional Diploma in Quantity Surveying is designed to equip construction practitioners with the distinctive competencies and skills in quantity surveying associated with measurement and valuation, BIM, cost control, legal and contractual arrangement in construction works.
CON4160X – Building Information Modelling for Quantity Surveying
CON4163X – Building Materials, Construction Technology and Temporary Works
CON4164X – Building Law
CON4165X – Tendering and Contractual Procedure
CON3093X – Principle of Construction Measurement
CON4167X – Construction Project Management
CON3094X – Building Services and Green Structure Design
CON4169X – Measurement of Building Works
CON4171X – Economics and Property Investment
CON4172X – Measurement Practice for Civil Engineering Works
CON4173X – Measurement Practice for Building Services Works
CON4161X – Cost Estimating
CON4162X – Building Cost Studies
CON4166X – Property and Facilities Management
CON4168X – Construction Contract Management
CON4170X – Integrated Project on Quantity Surveying
Time of Classes
• 1 to 2 evenings per week (18:30 – 21:30 / 19:00 – 22:00)
• Duration: 504 hrs.
• The students' performance in each module is assessed by continuous assignments and/or a final examination. Assessments and examination are conducted in English.
• The attendance requirement is 70%.
Professional Diploma in Quantity Surveying will be conferred to students upon their satisfactory completion of the whole programme.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent, with one year's relevant work experience; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent, with two years' relevant work experience; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme, or equivalent, with one year's relevant work experience; or
- Mature applicants aged 21 or above, with 2 years' relevant work experience may be admitted subject to passing an interview and/or written test.
Complete the Application Form together with a crossed cheque payable to "Vocational Training Council" for the Course Fee and submit to:
Engineering Discipline In-service Training Office
HK Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
B322, 20, Tsing Yi Rd, Tsing Yi Island, N.T.
Whatsapp: 9081 5283
Tel: 2435 9423
Fax: 2432 2253