Professional Diploma in Gas Engineering
This programme aims to provide a specific training for gas industry and equip learners with all-rounded knowledge, skillsets and hands-on experience in gas engineering.
MBS4039X - Gas Engineering Technology (27 hrs)
MBS4040X - Gas Production System (21 hrs)
MBS4041X - Gas Transmission and Distribution (39 hrs)
MBS4042X - Gas Utilization and System Design (36 hrs)
MBS4043X - Safety and Health (45 hrs)
MBS4064X - Engineering Management and Professionalism (33 hrs)
MBS4065X - Smart Energy and Application (21 hrs)
MBS4046X - Energy and Environment (18 hrs)
* The programme contents are subject to change
Students' performance in each module is assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA). Assessments are conducted in English.
- 1 to 2 nights per week, 18:30 - 21:30 or 19:00 - 22:00.
- Duration: 240 hrs. The whole programme can be completed in around 12 to 15 months.
- This programme is collabrated with Towngas Training Institute, learners have opportunities to attend workshops at the Towngas Training Institute and visit the environment-friendly operations of Towngas.
- This programme is incorporated with the Mandatory Basic Safety Training Course, which fulfills the requirements of the Labour Department for working in construction sites and green card.
- This programme provides knowledge in safety legislation, safety management, accident prevention and occupational health. Learners are able to take up the duties of the safety supervisor.
- A scholarship up to a maximum of 4 awardees with each HK$15,000 is offered by Towngas for outstanding performance students.
This programme is incorporated with the Mandatory Basic Safety Training Course, which fulfills the academic requirements of the Labour Department for working in construction sites and green card.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent, with one year's work experience; or;
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent, with two year's work experience; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme, or equivalent, with one year’s work experience or currently employed; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above ; or
- Mature applicants aged 21 or above, with 2 years' relevant work experience may be admitted subject to passing an interview and/or written test.
Financial Assistance Scheme
Vplus Subsidy Scheme
This course is an eligible programme under “Vplus Subsidy Scheme – Vplus Engineering”. Under this scheme, successful applicants will be refunded 60% of the paid tuition fees of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of $45,000 per person.
For details and application, please visit https://vplus.vtc.edu.hk/eng.
Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund.
Click “Apply Online” and login to the online enrolment system for application.
WhatsApp: 9081 5283
Fax: 2432 2253