Professional Diploma in Gas Engineering
This programme aids to provide a specific training for gas industry and equip learners with all-rounded knowledge, skillsets and hands-on experience in gas engineering.
MBS4039X - Gas Engineering Technology (27 hrs)
MBS4040X - Gas Production System (21 hrs)
MBS4041X - Gas Transmission and Distribution (36 hrs)
MBS4042X - Gas Utilization and System Design (39 hrs)
MBS4043X - Safety and Health (45 hrs)
MBS4044X - Engineering Management (33 hrs)
MBS4045X - Engineering Professionalism (21 hrs)
MBS4046X - Energy and Environment (18 hrs)
Students' performance in each module is assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA). Assessments are conducted in English.
- 1 to 2 nights per week, 18:30 - 21:30 or 19:00 - 22:00.
- Duration: 240 hrs. The whole programme can be completed in around 12 to 15 months.
- This programme is offered jointly with Towngas Engineering Academy, learners have opportunities to attend workshops at the Towngas Engineering Academy and visit the environment-friendly operations of Towngas.
- This programme is incorporated with the Mandatory Basic Safety Training Course, which fulfills the requirements of the Labour Department for working in construction sites and green card.
- This programme provides knowledge in safety legislation, safety management, accident prevention and occupational health. Learners are able to take up the duties of the safety supervisor.
- A scholarship up to a maximum of 4 awardees with each HK$15,000 is offered by Towngas for outstanding performance students in the 12-15 months curriculum.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent, with one year's relevant work experience; or;
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent, with two year's work experience; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme, or equivalent, with one year’s work experience or currently employed; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above ; or
- Mature applicants aged 21 or above, with 2 years' relevant work experience may be admitted subject to passing an interview and/or written test.
Click “Apply Online” and login to the online enrolment system for application.
Tel: 2435 9423
Fax: 2432 2253