High Voltage Technology for Maritime Industry
IVE - Engineering
Engineering - Transportation, Engineering - Electrical & Electronic , Engineering - Mechanical and Building Services
IVE - Engineering
This course equips marine engineers with the knowledge and skills required for the operations, maintenance and safety of electrical power plant/equipment of 1,000V or above on-board ships. It covers the requirements of STCW Code, Chapter III, Section A-III/1 and A-III/6 for the operational level of Junior Engineer Officers and Electro Technical Engineer Officers. It also covers Section A-III/2 and Section B-III/2 for the management level of Senior Marine Engineer Officers.
Principles and Simulator Workshops (12 hours)
- The functional, operational and safety requirements for a marine high voltage system
- Assignment of suitably qualified personnel to carry out maintenance and repair of high voltage switchgear of various types
- Taking remedial actions necessary during faults in the high voltage system
- Producing a switching strategy for isolation components of a high voltage system
- Selecting suitable apparatus for isolation and testing of high voltage system
- Carrying out a switching and isolation procedure on a marine high voltage system, complete with safety documentation
- Performing tests of insulation resistance and polarization index on high voltage equipment
- Using simulator to perform different procedures for different high voltage systems
Practical Training (18 hour)
- Using of high voltage personal protection equipment and safety tools
- Performing the Air Circuit Breakers (ACB) isolation and the Vacuum Circuit Breaker (VCB) isolation exercises
- Performing tests of high voltage transformer
- Certificate of Attainment will be conferred to the learners, who fulfil the 100% attendance requirement and passed the assessment.
- STCW Certificate of “High Voltage for Marine Engineers” shall be issued to those who satisfy the seagoing working experience requirement
- 5-day, 9:30 - 17:00 (lunch break inclusive);
- Duration: 30 hrs.
- Practical lessons may be conducted at IVE(Tsing Yi).
Suitable for applicants who are interested in this course
Applicants can use the "Apply Online" function, which available from the programme website and login to the Online Enrolment System to submit their applications.