Diploma in Power Engineering
This Diploma programme aims at providing both vocational education and hands-on skills training to the learners and qualifying them to meet the academic requirement for the registration as Registered Electrical Workers (REW). Meanwhile, the programme also enables the learners to carry out electrical works safely in high-voltage engineering field under the supervision of qualified persons.
LAN2123 - Vocational English: Responding to Written Correspondence (30 hrs)
EEE2001X - Circuit Theory (39 hrs)
EEE2002X - Electrical Skills Fundamental Training (39 hrs)
EEE2003X - Electrical Installation Practice A (39 hrs)
EEE2004X - Electrical Installation Practice B (39 hrs)
EEE2005X - Electrical Machine (39 hrs)
EEE3001X - Electrical Installation (39 hrs)
EEE3002X - Electrical Installation (39 hrs)
EEE3003X - Electrical and Electronics Engineering Principles (39 hrs)
EEE3004X - Safe Work Practices on High Voltage Systems and Equipment (39 hrs)
EEE3005X - Electrical Power System (39 hrs)
EEE3006X - Electrical Control Practice (39 hrs)
EEE3007X - Engineering Mathematics (39 hrs)
Learners' performance in each module are assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA).
Medium of Instruction (MoI)
The medium of instruction is Chinese, supplemented by English terminology except for the English modules. Excluding English module, all teaching materials and written communications including test and examination papers are in Chinese.
- 2 to 3 nights per week, 18:45 - 21:45.
- Practical lessons may be arranged on Saturday (13:00 - 17:00 or 18:00 - 22:00), detail arrangement will be announced during class.
- In special circumstances, some lessons may be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: 498 hrs. The normal duration for completion of the programme is around 2 years.
- The programme is recognised by Electrical and Mechanical Services Departmen (EMSD) as one of the qualifications fulfilling the academic requirements of registration as a Grade A Electrical Worker. Graduates with required working experience may apply for a Grade A REW certificate. For detailed requirements of Grade A REW, please refer to the EMSD website.
Completion of S6 under the new academic structure / S5 under the old academic structure, or equivalent with 1-year working experience; or
Completion of S3 with 1-year working experience, and to complete the Certificate for Junior Electricians (Programme Code: EG422401P) before starting the programme; or
21 years old or above with 2 years relevant working experience, may be admitted subject to passing an interview and / or aptitude test, if necessary.
Financial Assistance Scheme
Vplus Subsidy Scheme
This course is an eligible programme under “Vplus Subsidy Scheme – Vplus Engineering”. Under this scheme, successful applicants will be refunded 60% of the paid tuition fees of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of $45,000 per person.For details and application, please visit https://vplus.vtc.edu.hk/eng.
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund.CEF Course Code
36L135036CEF Course Name
Diploma in Power EngineeringCEF Effective Date
2021.08.26Valid CEF Until
Applicants can use the "Apply Online" function, which available from the programme website and login to the Online Enrolment System to submit their applications.
WhatsApp: 9081 5283
Fax: 2432 2253