Diploma in Plumbing Engineering
- 2 to 3 nights per week, 18:30 - 21:30 or 19:00 – 22:00.
- In special circumstances, some lessons may be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: 291 hrs. The normal duration for completion of the programme is around 12-15 months.
All teaching materials and assessments are in English.
Learners' performance in each module will be assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA).
The programme is recognised by the Water Supplies Department as one of the equivalent qualifications for the Craft Certificate in Plumbing and Pipefitting as stated in Part I requirement in applying for a new Grade I Plumber's Licence. The award of the programme must be issued within 5 years before the date of the relevant application. For detailed requirements of new Grade I Plumber's Licence, please refer to the WSD website.
Course Fee: HKD$42,000
- Completion of S5 under the Old Academic Structure with 1 year's relevant working experience; or
- Completion of S6 under the New Senior Secondary Academic Structure with 1 year's relevant working experience; or
- Completion of a QF Level 2 programme, or equivalent, with one year’s relevant work experience; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form; or
21 years old or above with 2 years relevant working experience, may be admitted subject to passing an interview and / or aptitude test, if necessary
Financial Assistance Scheme
Vplus Subsidy Scheme
With Vplus Engineering under the Vplus Subsidy Scheme, eligible students may apply up to 60% reimbursement of their tuition fee, totalling a maximum amount of $45,000. For details, please visit: https://bit.ly/311sWgA
Applicant should apply online within one month from the commencement of the first module for the programme concerned. Early and Late Application will not be processed.CEF Course Code
CEF/304/645CEF Course Name
Diploma in Plumbing EngineeringCEF Effective Date
2016.11.24Valid CEF Until
Bridging Modules * ($7,740)
(1735 Plumbing Mathematics, 1736 Plumbing Science & 1737 Construction Drawing)
OR Individual module
1735 - Plumbing Mathematics ($2,580)
1736 - Plumbing Science ($2,580)
1737 - Construction Drawing ($2,580)
The applicant who possesses the following academic qualification could apply exemption for the corresponding module(s):
1735 Plumbing Mathematics
Grade E or above in HKCEE Mathematics/ Level 2 or above in HKDSE mathematics, OR, equivalent qualification
1736 Plumbing Science
Grade E or above in HKCEE Physics / Level 2 or above in HKDSE Physics; OR, equivalent qualification
1737 Construction Drawing
Grade E or above in HKCEE Technical Drawing / Level 2 or above in HKDSE Design and Applied Technology; OR, equivalent qualification
MBS3020X Plumbing and Pipefitting Practice I- Pipe Work
MBS3021X Plumbing and Pipefitting Practice II- Potable and Flush Water Supply
MBS3022X Plumbing and Pipefitting Practice III – Hot Water Supply
MBS3023X Plumbing and Pipefitting Practice IV – Sanitary Fitments & Drainage
MBS3024X Plumbing and Pipefitting Practice V – Fire Services
Face-to-face lessons may be changed to online or other mode where appropriate according to the special circumstances.
- Please refer to the guideline for creation of the application account.
- Subject to the availability of the classes, applicants will be informed to change to another class, if the applied class was full.
- Upon successful submission of the application, the applicant will receive an email from the system.
- Any change in class selection will be put on the waiting list.
WhatsApp: 9081 5283
Fax: 2432 2253