Advanced Mathematics with Applications
The course aims to enhance learners' knowledge on Mathematics so as to be more effective in further study. Besides, this course is a bridging module for the applicants of "BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering" offered by University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Manipulation, addition, subtraction and multiplication, determinant, inverse and applications to solve system of equations
Ordinary Differential Equations
- First order: homogenous linear equation, e.g. Newton's law of cooling
- Second order: homogenous linear equation, general solution e.g. Mass spring free vibration system, with and without damping
- Introduction of Laplace transform and Inverse transform
- Transform using practical fractions,
- Use of Laplace transform to solve ODE
- 2-3 lessons per week (Mon-Fri: 19:00-22:00; Sat/Sun: afternoon or evening)
- Consist of Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA). The assessments are conducted in English.
- The attendance requirement is 70%.
Suitable for applicants who are interested in this course
Applicants can use the "Apply Online" function, which available from the programme website and login to the Online Enrolment System to submit their applications.