This is a Buildings Department recognized training as stated in PNRC38 for the purpose of registration as a specialist contractor in demolition works category.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the module, you would be able to:
- Identify the risks and hazards of building demolition works and prepare plan to manage them
- Write method statements of demolition works taking into account of various factors including types of structure, redistribution of internal forces of the structure, construction method and sequence, site condition, plant and equipment, health and safety, environment, etc.
- Check if a demolition plan is appropriate for the demolition works concerned and comply with legal requirements, codes of practice and good practices
- Prepare site supervision plan for building demolition work
- Identify non-conformities in the site supervision plan and/or its implementation and propose measures to rectify them
Time of Classes
- 1 to 3 evenings per week (12 x 3-hr sessions + 1-hr examination)
- Please refer to the Application Form for the provisional timetable
-The Students' performance is assessed by continuous assignments and a final examination.
- The attendance requirement is 70%.
Module Certificate in Building Demolition will be conferred to students upon their satisfactory completion of the whole course.
香港中學會考五科成績達E級 / 第二級或以上，包括英國語文及中國語文，或同等學歴
Complete the Application Form together with a crossed cheque payable to "Vocational Training Council" for the Course Fee and submit to:
Engineering Discipline In-service Training Office
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
Room B322, 20 Tsing Yi Road
Tsing Yi Island, N.T.
Tel: 2435-9423 (Mon-Fri: 0900-1700)