Barrier Free Access Design for Buildings
Indicative Course Contents
● The evolution of the concept of “barrier free” design, international conventions and local statutory requirements, overseas and local good and bad practices
● The Disability Discrimination Ordinance & Building (Planning) Regulations, etc.
● Introduction of Design Manual – Barrier Free Access 2008
● The extent of the application of the design manual
● Wheelchair transfer and movement
● Slip resistance of floor materials
● Luminous contrast
● Buildings / structures including auditoriums, hotels, carparks, access routes, ramps, drop kerbs, staircases, handrails, corridors,etc.
● Building services covering switches and controls, fire alarm systems, public telephones, vertical lifting platforms, drinking fountains, etc.
● Design guidelines for the elderly and elderly with frailty
- Certificate of Attendance will be issued to course participants who meet the attendance requirement.
(星期一至星期五: 09:00 – 17:00)
WhatsApp: 9081 5283
傳真: 2432 2253