The Professional Certificate in Quantity Surveying Practice is designed to equip construction practitioners with the distinctive competencies and skills in quantity surveying associated with measurement and valuation, cost control, legal and contractual arrangement in construction works.
• CON4008X: Construction Law and Contract (36 hrs)
• CON4040X: Construction Cost Control and Management (24 hrs)
• CON3041X: Principles of Measurement for Construction (12 hrs)
Elective Modules (Select 1)
• CON4042X: Measurement Practice for Civil Engineering Works (24 hrs)
• CON4043X: Measurement Practice for Building Works (24 hrs)
• CON4044X: Measurement Practice for Building Services Works (24 hrs)
Time of Classes
• 1 to 2 evenings per week (6:30 - 9:30pm) depending on the number of modules selected.
• Duration: 96 hrs.
• The whole programme can be completed in 7 months.
• The students' performance in each module is assessed by continuous assignments and/or a final examination. Assessments and examination are conducted in English.
• The attendance requirement is 70%.
Professional Certificate in Quantity Surveying Practice will be conferred to students upon their satisfactory completion of the whole programme which consists of 4 modules.
CON4040X, CON4042X, CON4043X, CON4044X: HK$3,240@
年滿二十一歲或以上及具兩年相關工作經驗。如有需要，申請人須通過面試及 / 或能力傾向測試
Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or
equivalent with one year working experience; or
Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese
Languages, or equivalent with two year working experience; or
Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective
Programme Board with one year working experience; or
IVE certificate in Building Studies, Civil Engineering, Surveying or other subject relevant to construction or equivalent qualification
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working
experience, may be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an
entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.