Liability Insurance Management
Intended Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the module, students are expected to be able to:
- tackle liability risks according to the complexity of different business activities;
- analyse the scope and establish underwriting policies of constructing liability insurance contracts for a spectrum of business and clients; and
- review performance of underwriting process and claims of the liability insurance contracts from the perspectives of different stakeholders and in compliance with legal requirements.
1. Civil Liability
2. Motor Vehicle Insurance (Third Party Risks) Ordinance 1951
3. Employers’ liability compulsory insurance requirements
4. Related Legal liabilities involving other areas such as:
5. Policy cover and complex claims practice
6. Risk management, assessment and underwriting guidelines
LIABILITY INSURANCE MANAGEMENT (MODULE FROM POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN INSURANCE IN RISK MANAGEMENT)
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognised institution; and working full-time in related industries; OR
- have achieved a level in relevant professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree; and have one year of full-time work experience in related industries.
- Applicants with other qualifications and three years of senior-level work experience in related industries will be considered on individual merits and subject to a satisfactory admission interview.
English Proficiency Requirements
If the bachelor’s degree is not from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is English, or if the relevant professional qualifications are not awarded in Hong Kong nor an English speaking country, applicants shall provide the following evidence of English proficiency:
- an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS; or
- a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test); or
- equivalent qualifications.
Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund (https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef) with the respective CEF course code listed as below:
The mother course Postgraduate Diploma in Insurance in Risk Management of the module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 6)
PBA60005 Liability Insurance Management
CEF code: 33Z137244
CEF claimants would be eligible for fee reimbursement upon their successful completion of any of the module from Postgraduate Diploma in Insurance in Risk Management, with the fulfillment of both the minimum attendance requirement of 70% AND 50% or above of the overall mark for each of the module, subject to the prevailing CEF rules and procedures.
Please use the specified enrollment form and follow the "Notes to Applicants" in the form to apply for programmes.
Applicants should show the Hong Kong Identity (HKID) Card / Passport / Travel Document / or valid study visa issued by the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for enrollment.
Individual programmes may have specific admission requirements. Applicants should refer to the admission requirements of the individual programmes.
All places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Incomplete forms and forms received without payment will not be processed.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for application is 7 working days## prior to the class commencement date (The enrollment deadline might be subject to change depending on the enrollment status).
Notification of Class Commencement
Successful applicants will be notified of the class information by the contact method specified on the enrollment form at least 3 working days## before class commencement. PEAK will not be responsible for the loss of class notification sent by mail. Please contact us at 2836 1906 if you do not receive the notification before the class commencement.
Programme Fees / Receipt
For a programme commencing within 7 working days## at the time of enrollment, students are required to settle the programme fee by cash.
Programme fees paid are non-refundable, except for cases of unsuccessful applications and programme cancellation or rescheduling. Fees paid and places enrolled are also not transferable, and request for programme swapping will not be entertained.
Students will collect and sign to acknowledge collection of the receipts at the first lesson. Fees paid after the enrollment deadline may result in delay in receipt issuing. For those who have not collected the receipts during the first lesson, our staff will contact them for the receipt collection arrangement. If students choose to collect the receipt by mail, PEAK will not be responsible for any loss in mailing. Students will be required to pay an administrative charge of HK$100 for their requests for each additional receipt copy. Please send crossed cheque payable to "Vocational Training Council" with a written application to "The Programme Team" of the Institute. For enquiry, please contact us at 2836 1862.
## Working days (exclusive of Saturdays and Sundays)
Mr. John Tsang (Programme Director)
Tel: 2836 1863
Ms. Carrie Kwan (Programme Officer)
Tel: 2836 1852
Ms. Iris Ng (Programme Secretary)
Tel: 2919 1476
Fax: 2891 5707