Environmental Management for Construction Managers
The Professional Development Course on Environmental Management for Construction Managers aims to equip site management staff with the necessary knowledge on the regulatory and contractual requirements on environmental management, implementation of environmental management and nuisance abatement techniques.
This course is recognized by the Development Bureau as a qualification that satisfies the requirement of the Environmental Management Course for Construction Managers as stated in Appendix C of ETWB Technical Circular (Works) No. 19/2005.
Indicative Course Contents
- Statutory and Contractual Requirements on Environmental Management
- Implementation of Environmental Management
- Introduction to BEAM Plus
- Nuisance Abatement – Air Quality, Noise, Water Quality & Waste Management
- 13.0 hrs lecture + 0.5 hr assessment
- 5 evenings or 2 days course
Language of Instruction
- All the teaching materials are in English. The teaching are in Cantonese/English. Assessments are conducted in English.
- Holder of recognized Higher Certificate/Higher Diploma in construction or environmental science/technology/engineering subjects; or equivalent with relevant work experience; or
- Site management staff, including project manager, contract manager and site foreman, to a public works contract;
- Or equivalent
Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon satisfying the attendance requirement of 70% and passing an 0.5-hr assessment
Engineering Discipline In-service Training
HK Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
B322, 20, Tsing Yi Rd, Tsing Yi Island, N.T.