This programme provides specific training for railway practitioners to enhance their technical knowledge and upgrade their competencies so as to be more effective in carrying out their works.
TRN4001X - Modern Railway Organizations and Infrastructures (30 hrs)
TRN4002X - Railway Asset Management (30 hrs)
TRN4003X - Railway System Assurance (30 hrs)
Elective Module (5 out of 6)
TRN4004X - Signalling Principles (30 hrs)
TRN4005X - Signalling Circuits and Systems (30 hrs)
TRN4006X - Signalling Design and Applications (30 hrs)
TRN4007X - Intermittent and Hidden Fault Finding in Train (30 hrs)
TRN4008X - Data Collection and Control System (30 hrs)
TRN4009X - Introduction of Rolling Stock and Drives (30 hrs)
Frequency and Duration
- 1 to 2 evenings per week.
- Duration: 240 hrs. The whole programme can be completed in 12 to 18 months.
Students' performance in each module is assessed by continuous assignments and/or a final examination. Assessments and examination are conducted in English.
Satisfactory completion of the whole programme of 8 modules will lead to a Professional Diploma in Railway Engineering.
Students may enroll the Signalling modules [TRN4004X + TRN4005X + TRN4006X] only and lead to a Professional Certificate in Railway Signalling System (Level 4) if satisfactory completion of the modules.
Students may enroll the Rolling Stock modules [TRN4007X + TRN4008X + TRN4009X] only and lead to a Professional Certificate in Rolling Stock Maintenance (Level 4) if satisfactory completion of the modules.
Vplus Subsidy Scheme
With Vplus Engineering under the Vplus Subsidy Scheme, eligible students may apply up to 60% reimbursement of their tuition fee, totalling a maximum amount of $45,000. For details, please visit: https://bit.ly/311sWgA
1. Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent with one year working experience; or
2. Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E/Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent with two year working experience; or
3. Completion of a QF Level 3 programme and currently employed; or
4. Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written
^ Relevant RPL qualification(s) should be related to Electrical & Mechanical Services.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, may be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Tel: 2435 9423 (Mon-Fri: 0900-1700)
Fax: 2432 2253