This programme aims to train the frontline arboriculture practitioners to acquire techniques of tree rigging and aerial rescue.
- choose and use appropriate knots for aerial tree work, rigging logs and aerial rescue;
- set and use false crotches and redirects for ascending tree for work and rescue;
- maneuver in the tree, including safe limb walking techniques and conduct tree works; and
- conduct aerial rescue for incapacitated climber.
- Completion of S6 under the new academic structure/ S5 under the old academic structure AND at least two year’s relevant work experience; or
- Completion of a QF Level 2 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board AND at least one year’s relevant work experience; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or at least three years’ relevant work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.