Fashion is more than trends and style. Discover the process of fashion design and create your own collection, beginning from research, ideation, illustration, pattern and garment making through fitting. Apparelled not just to express yourself, but to get ready for a career in the fashion business.
The Professional Diploma in Fashion Design provides learners with full-fledged knowledge in research, design development and presentation techniques, as well as design aesthetics and craftsmanship in a professional manner.
The programme is organised around nine modules (30 hours each) that cover:
- Fashion Design and Illustration: based on fundamental fashion drawing techniques such as body proportions and fabric texture rendering, you will create your own croquis to present different styles and moods, and develop a fashion collection with personality; digital and/or physical portfolio presentation will be explored for effective application of verbal, visual, graphical, written and digital communication skills
- Fashion Pattern Design: you will explore pattern drafting and alteration, putting into practice to transform 2D flat sketch into to 3D output; learn and apply pattern design knowledge to produce mock-up and eventually develop professional fashion pattern to reflect fashion trends
- Fashion Garment Making and Fitting: understanding the entire garment production process, and acquiring material knowledge, tailoring and draping techniques, silhouettes and fit, as well as garment construction, to be applied on womenswear and tailored menswear making and fitting
By the end of the programme, learners will complete a professional and market-relevant fashion design portfolio, for job interviews for fashion design and related positions.
For beginners in fashion design, Industrial Sewing Workshop is offered as a Bridging Course to familiarise learners with the operation of industrial sewing machines including safety requirements, and to master basic sewing techniques.
This course is listed as reimbursable under Continuing Education Fund (CEF). Applicants are eligible to reimburse course fee for courses that commence within the CEF registration period (26 October 2022 – 31 August 2026).
This course is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level ).
- Press the “Apply Online” button at the right-top corner of this page
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Upload the supporting documents required (e.g. for academic qualifications and work experiences)
- Settle the tuition fee (by bill payment via online banking or ATM; or by a crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council”)
- Submit the cheque or proof of the bill payment.
- Bill Payment proof: ATM receipt or online payment confirmation (PDF or screencap; should include the bank name, payment status, transaction date, paid amount, and bill account code); can be submitted by email.
- Cheque: write down your full name and the programme title on the back
Notes for Applicants:
- It is necessary for applicants to supply their personal data and to provide all the information required in the application documents, as otherwise, the Institute may be unable to process and consider their applications.
- To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to an HKDI programme/workshop does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes.
- Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Early Bird Discount will be counted on the postmark date (for cheque) or the transaction date (for bill payment).
- Commencement of classes depends on enrollment or other unexpected circumstances. The Institute reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, programme content, mode of teaching, and other advertised programme information. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel a course if there is insufficient number of enrollments.
- The information provided in the form will be used by VTC for admission, academic and programme administration, research, statistical, and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes.
- Assignments and works of students (in any formats, e.g. photos, videos, printouts, etc; including activities in and outside the classroom) may be used for teaching and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes.
電話: 3928 2777 電郵: email@example.com