Professional Certificate in Environmental Management for Construction (Environmental Officer)
The Professional Certificate in Environmental Management for Construction (Environmental Offcer) course provides the course participants with knowledge and skills in relevant areas of environmental management to enable them to take up the position of Environmental Offcer in the construction industry.
This Professional Certificate is recognized by the Development Bureau as a qualification that satisfies the requirement of the Environmental Officer Course as stated in Appendix C of ETWB Technical Circular (Works) No. 19/2005.
The Professional Certificate course offers the following five modules:
1. Environmental Legislation (30hrs)
2. Principles of Environmental Technology (15hrs)
3. Construction Environmental Management Plan (36hrs)
4. Reporting and Presenting Environmental Plan (12hrs)
5. Integrated Management System for Construction (15hrs)
The above modules may be changed to align with the latest development in the industry.
Frequency and Duration:
- This programme consists of five modules and can be completed in around 6 - 8 months.
- 1-2 evenings per week (6:30pm - 9:30pm) depends on the number of modules selected.
- Completion of all the five modules of the course leads to a Professional Certificate.
- Certificates of attendance will be issued to students attaining 70% or more attendance without passing the assessment.
Recognized Diploma or Higher Certificate in structural engineering, civil engineering, building, construction, surveying, or environmental science/technology/engineering,
and have 2 years relevant work experience, or equivalent.
Submit the duty completed application form, together with photocopies of educational certificates and transcripts, a crossed cheque payable to “Vocational
Training Council” for course fee to:
Engineering Discipline In-service Training Office
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
Room B322, 20 Tsing Yi Road
Tsing Yi Island, N.T.
Tel: 2435 9423 (Mon-Fri: 0900-1700)