Electrical Power Systems
- Layout of power generation, transmission & distribution systems, main switch-room, main switch-board and transformer room
- Functions and applications of essential components in power transmission and distribution systems
- Radial, ring and inter-connectors for distribution system
- Parameters for typical networks; series impedance, shunt admittance, T and π- networks
- Short and medium transmission line models and their effects in the process of power transmission
- Effects of power factor on power distribution system
- Causes and solutions to voltage dip and transient current in supply systems
- Calculations of electricity bills on block rate and two-part tariff
- Power factor correction for maximum saving
- Causes of faults in power systems and ways to restraint fault current
- Per unit system, fault calculation in power system networks
- Protection schemes in power systems networks
Suitable for applicants who has knowledge in Electrical Engineering.
Suitable for the following higher diploma graduates so as to meet the academic requirements for registration as Grade B Electrical Worker by the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department.
- HD in Energy Management Services (Programme Code: 71311)
- HD in Environmental Engineering and Energy Management (Programme Code: 71313)
- HD in Intelligent Buildings and Automation Engineering (Programme Code: 71306A/71906A)
- HD in Electrical and Mechanical Services (Programme Code: 91313)
- HD in Intelligent Building Technology and Automation Engineering (Programme Code: 71316)*
*completion of one more bridging module "Electrical machines and Drives" is needed
Applicants can use the "Apply Online" function, which available from the programme website and login to the Online Enrolment System to submit their applications.