IoT Product Cybersecurity and Testing
IVE - Engineering
Engineering - Electrical & Electronic , Engineering - Mechanical and Building Services, Information Technology
IVE - Engineering
This programme is offered jointly with Connected Cities Alliance (CCA), the course aims to provide introductory training and practice on the internet-of-things (IoT) product cybersecurity. The new IEEE P2668 international standard will be introduced. Participants will learn about the most forefront knowledge and methods to assess IoT cyber threats.
Target participants : executives, scientists, engineers, practitioners, students, teachers, etc.
- Essential Knowledge of Internet-of-Things, IEEE P2668
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Testing Methods for IoT Products
- Cybersecurity Testing, Practices, and Certification
- Design of EN303645 consumer IoT Cybersecurity Test Plan
- Cybersecurity Practices in Laboratory
- Duration: 18 hrs (15 hrs Classroom + 3 hrs Workshop)
- 1 to 2 lessons per week, 18:30 - 21:30
- Workshop will be arranged on Saturday (10:00 - 13:00).
Classroom: 7/1、10/1、13/1、17/1、21/1/2022 (18:30-21:30)
Workshop: 22/1/2022 (10:00-13:00)
Classroom: VTC campuses
Workshop: DEKRA Certification Hong Kong Ltd. (Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, N.T.)
The minimum attendance requirement for the course is 70%.
- "Certificate of Attainment" will be issued to participants who have passed the assessment* and met the attendance requirements of the programme.
- "Certificate of Attendance" will be issued to participants who have met the attendance requirements only.
Learners need to buy the following laboratory tools (estimated cost: HKD$500, details will be announced later), if he/she would like to conduct the practical assessment. Recommended sources are enclosed for reference.
1) Router GL-MT300N-V2
2) Adaptor Adafruit FTDI Friend
Suitable for applicants who are interested in this course
Applicants can use the "Apply Online" function, which available from the programme website and login to the Online Enrolment System to submit their applications.