Professional Certificate in Fashion Pattern Design
Early Bird HKD$16,200.00 only (2022.08.23 - 2023.02.10)
|Class Code||Commencement Date||Class Location||Medium of Instruction||Apply Online||Class Remarks||Class Status|
Hong Kong Design Institute
Hong Kong Design Institute
|English supplemented with Cantonese|
The course aims to provide fashion professionals such as designers, merchandisers and buyers with technical knowledge and skills in the fashion garment sampling process. Professionals in the course will be enhanced with practical skills in pattern drafting, garment fitting and pattern alteration for them to appreciate and achieve the right kind of shape and balance with different types of fashion garments.
Professionals will be able to identify major fitting problems, make judgment and alterations to achieve a perfect fit. They will produce a set of commercial patterns and a garment mock-up with a good fit for effective presentation to their customers.
Students must have experience in using industrial sewing machine, otherwise they are required to take the bridging course to learn the use of industrial sewing machine and the related safety concern.
FID4013Y – Project Runway - Pattern Drafting and Alteration (30hrs)
FID4014Y – Project Runway - Pattern Design and Fashion Trends (30hrs)
FID4015Y – Project Runway - Professional Pattern Development (30hrs)
Please visit PEEC website for details http://www.hkdi.edu.hk/i.php?l=en&s=4&p=1172
The course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund purposes
CEF-Course Code: 22C085718
Course Name: Professional Certificate in Fashion Pattern Design
A) By Online Application:
1. Press the “Apply Online” button at the right-top corner of this page
2. Complete the Online Form
3. Upload the supporting documents required (e.g. for academic qualifications and work experiences)
4. Settle the tuition fee (by crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council”; or by ATM)
5. Submit the cheque or the original copy of ATM Receipt to our office by post or in person. Your full name and the course applied should be written on the back of the cheque or the receipt.
B) By post or submission in person:
1. A completed Application Form, a set of photocopies of supporting documents of academic qualifications or work experiences, and a crossed cheque payable to “Vocational Training Council” / the original copy of ATM receipt for tuition fee should be submittedLinksPayment Method:
1) Applicants must be permanent resident of Hong Kong; or have the right of residence and receiving education in Hong Kong.
2) No applicant will be deemed to be an enrolled student of the Institute until such time as his/her application has been processed by the Institute and full payment of fees has been cleared at the Bank. Postdated cheque is not acceptable.
3) Fees paid is non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
4) An official receipt for their tuition fee payment will be given in the first lesson.
5) Early Bird Discount will be counted on the postmark date (for cheque) or the transaction date (for ATM).
6) The Institute reserves the right to make any alterations about the courses that are considered to be necessary without prior notice (e.g. changes in teaching venues, time, instructors or tuition fee, etc.). The Institute also reserves the right to cancel a course if there is insufficient number of enrollments.
7) Our office address: LW004, Hong Kong Design Institute, 3 King Ling Road, Tseung Kwan O, N.T., Hong Kong.
Tel: 3928 2777 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org