This programme aims to provide a study path for those who are interested in the development of the mechanical engineering industry. Apart from the basic principles and practical training of mechanical engineering, the programme also covers knowledge of computer-aided drafting and engineering material. In addition, English and mathematics subjects are added to the programme to strengthen the learners' basic knowledge.
LAN2123 – Vocational English Responding to Written Correspondence (30 hrs)
MBS2002X – Fitting and Machining Technology (39 hrs)
MBS2003X – Machine Tool Practice (39 hrs)
MBS2004X – Sheet Metal & Welding Practice (39 hrs)
MBS2005X – Electrical Knowledge (39 hrs)
MBS2006X – Mechanical Principle Fundamentals (39 hrs)
MBS3031X – Engineering Mathematics (39 hrs)
MBS3032X – Computer Aided Drafting (39 hrs)
MBS3033X – Engineering Drawing (39 hrs)
MBS3034X – Engineering Science (39 hrs)
MBS3035X – Pneumatic and Hydraulic Applications (39 hrs)
MBS3036X – Engineering Material (39 hrs)
MBS3037X – Pump, Compressor and Rotating Machine (39 hrs)
Learners' performance in each module will be assessed by Continuous Assessment (CA) and End-of-Module Assessment (EA).
Medium of Instruction (MoI)
The medium of instruction is Chinese and supplemented with English terminologies (except for the English module). Apart from English module, all teaching materials and written assessments are in Chinese.
- 2 to 3 nights per week, 18:30 - 21:30
- Practical lessons may be arranged on Saturday (13:00 - 17:00 or 18:00 - 22:00), detail arrangement will be announced during class.
- In special circumstances, some lessons may be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: 498 hrs. The normal duration for completion of the programme is around 2 years.
- Practical lessons may be conducted at VTC Kowloon Bay Complex or VTC Kwai Chung Complex.