Measurement Uncertainty for HOKLAS Accredited Laboratories based on ISO GUM
This 3-day course is designed to provide participants the knowledge and practical guidelines of uncertainty evaluation in physical measurements. Including master the statistics and calculations involved in estimating uncertainties under different testing conditions and interpret uncertainty of test result correctly.
Intended Learning Outcome
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the need of evaluation of measurement uncertainty and recognize the related basic statistics;
- Create the model of measurement uncertainty, evaluate the measurement uncertainty and draw conclusion from the measurement with uncertainties.
- Needs of measurement uncertainty
- Sources of errors
- APLAC guidelines on estimation of measurement uncertainty
- Basic statistics of normal, rectangular, triangular and U-shaped distribution
- Confidence level and interval
- Significance figures and rounding
- ISO GUM principles
- Applications to measurements
- Evaluation of measurement uncertainty and reporting
- There is an assessment in form of written examination at the end of the course.
- Certificate of Achievement will be conferred to course participant who passed the assessment and satisfied the attendance requirement of 70%.
(星期一至星期五: 09:00 – 17:00)
WhatsApp: 9081 5283
傳真: 2432 2253